Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lynmouth and The Exmoor September 2007

Kristi Sez: First off, the drive to the Exmoor was starting to wear on my patience.....BUT when we finally reached the most beautiful parts of the drive, it was well worth the wait. We took this path through the Exmoor National Park on our way to Lynmouth, which by far, has become my most favorite town.

Stan Sez: Kristi is a wuss. Long drives are cool and I love them and you don't get to great things in life without hard work and occasionally, a long drive....she hasn't even been to Land's End yet. I discovered Lynmouth through chasing surf and reading about it in the Storm Rider's Surf Guide to Europe . The first time I came upon it, I was stunned by how beautiful the town was.........then I saw a left rifle down the line for 200 yards..... perfect.....and I was Whoaaaaaa! Lynmouth breaks so good it really should be called "Lyndoneasia".

Kristi Sez: One could say "Cute" a bazillion times when describing the many towns we have seen, but I must admit, it really is "Cute" and "Lovely". We had a great day here visiting the shops and surf, and then finished it off with a fabulous Pasty, Flat White Coffee and Carrot Cake to die for.

Stan Sez: Kristi really liked the beer at the Rising Sun best. This is a 14th century pub that overlooks the harbor and the reef....too too cool. I knocked down a few last winter after a good surf with some guys and the place is CLASSIC. When we left the place, we drove to Porlock and on the way we saw.........EXMOOR PONIES!!!! Rare, nearly extinct and very cool. One of the oldest breeds there are. Kristi says that just because the Celtics wrote about them 10,000 years ago, they are no older than that - whaaaa......these guys go back to the dinosaur days and out ran T-Rex!

Kristi and Stan September 9, 2007

No comments: