Pages

Friday, September 7, 2007

Henley-on-Thames September 2007

Stan sez: I heard about Henley from my friend Jonathan suggesting a nice cool lager, swilled in a beer garden over looking the Thames on a warm day during the British Summer Time (BST) as the "way to go". Jonathan actually works for me and was angling to get out of work. BUT - he is right, Henley is all about downshifting into a nice mellow town that is home to the Henley Regatta that started as a joke back in the 1800's and is now serious rowing.

Kristi Sez: I'm starting to wonder why so many of the towns here are hyphenated with the bodies of the water they sit on. When we return, I am going to propose that Stillwater adopt a new name...."Stillwater-on-the-St. Croix". Sounds British don't you think?

Stan Sez: The Rugby world cup had just started and I wanted to see the US get smashed by the UK - we didn't last long but we enjoyed Henley - after all, it is a quick 20 minutes from our house.

Kristi Sez: It was a lovely town and I look forward to going back again. I took a special photo of "The Angel" for our good friend Angie back at home....she knows why.

Kristi & Stan September 8, 2007

No comments: