Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Chocolate

Well I don't much about planting chocolate, but I do know a thing or two about eating it. Abel, a local native american from the gnobe buge tribe (prononced like "no bay boo gay) is teaching us how to grow cocoa trees. We are planting 15 cocoa trees once the seeds take root in the bucket. I asked him if he had any Reeses Pieces seeds, but my question must of been lost in the translation, he just gave me a funny look :)












These pods grow on the side of the tree and are filled with the seeds that are covered in a yogurt type substance. I had to take this photo off the internet, stupid me forgot to take a picture of the pod before we cracked it open.




The seeds inside the pod.




Abel showing us how to plant the seeds. He says start them in a bucket, leave them for about one month then transfer into the ground.

No comments: